One of the services we provide is in the repair of wood rot, and we see some pretty severe cases. I hate to see anyone incur damage due to wood rotting, so it’s good to keep an eye out for signs that problems may be starting. Excessive moisture can enable fungus to break down the wood, even those that are “pressure treated”.
Be aware of potential wood rot occurring in these areas:
- The ledger board of a deck, where the deck is attached to the house.
- The base of an exterior door.
- Behind gutters and downspout
- Under the roof line on soffits.
- The bottom of windows, like the window sill.
- If not flashed correctly, problems might occur with trim around doors and windows.
- The wood boards at the top of the foundation.